Saturday, April 24, 2010

Playin' Hookie

With my best girl, and my hubby for the first half of the first day of Jazzfest 2010, we discover:
  • Big fancy camera in the hands of a careful child are all that you need to listen to a few good hours of music under the tent.  Not one, "I'm bored, mama!"
  • Scatting on stage is not just for grown-ups.  Ana was throwin' down with Kat!
  • Rain and permission to splash in it are all that a 6 year-old adventurer need for a successful day.
  • Chill out food for kids: fried chicken, Isabel's recommendation.  Counter acts the gelato, mango freeze, snowballs.
  • An amazing new kids area.  Kid-friendly foods, great entertainment, wonderful crafts, beautiful artwork from kids...Happy there for an hour or two.
  • Soft shell crab and Cochon de lait have a new accompaniment: quail, pheasant and andoille gumbo...how have I missed you this long?
  • One-on-one time with my any of my kids always feels special.

No comments: