Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Taking Pulse

And because I have 200 pictures on my new camera, just waiting for me to learn...the pics will have to wait.

 
Oliver at 18 months~
  • parroting our words and actions, trilling his "Rrrrrrs," competing for affection "I love you.  NO  I love you;"
  • curly-haired sweetness that's threatening a mullet.
  • teething and then some more teething.  You've got a nice, shiny white set of teeth!
  • enjoying strawberries and cream so very much, but playing with and destroying nearly everything else.
  • down three pounds to an even 30.
  • sticking out that bottom lip into a pout.  Gwen says that's something I do.  Now I notice it all the time.
  • cell phone chatterbox
  • My favorite: when you put a purse on your arm and say, "Bye, bye."
  • Least favorite: the tackle at the knees move whenever I'm moving around too much and not picking you up.
  • Stand-out features: sweet eyes, chubby cheeks, awesomely juicy but, and bowed legs like your grandpa!
Elliot at 4.5 years~
  • Dr. Who, What, When--you what to know WHY for everything, and end each question with a second "Why?" as in, "Why do you need to go to work, Why?
  • Nascar racer in training- you ask what kind of car each car is, then try to spell it by finding the name on the car, you read out license numbers, and ask how each car is driven (you know that you use your legs, hands and eyes...our new standard answer).  Your favorite movie, pjs, etc is CARS, and I made the mistake of letting you drive on my lap from the driveway to the front of the house.  I fear the day you find keys while unattended..
  • Trying all kinds of gross motor stunts...new favorite is getting on the roof of the toy house...you can't quite make it yourself, but want us to hoist you up there...just like your sister.
  • In love with Rescue Heroes, and filled with intrigue for fire fighters, paramedics, and police men!
  • Super snuggler with mom.  You're having a hard time sleeping, so we're thick as theives into the night, you and me.
  • adversarial for its own sake...If I say, "I'm tired."  You'll argue with me that I am not...and it is this way for almost everything!
  • Love your days of the week and year, know your letters (Big and Baby letters), and numbers and want to know what everything says...
  • My favorite: when you stroke the hair at the nape of my neck with so much tenderness
  • least favorite: flight risk!  You're too fast!  (I know this is a blessing, but it wears me out!!)
Ana at 6.25 years~
  • Daydreaming, and getting "in trouble" at school for not working on your letter book.  I really should be more concerned (?) but I"m not;
  •  Excited by every factoid you've learned, and frustrated when I already know what you want to reveal...I have to do a better job of playing dumb.  Soon, you'll learn that mom is a generalist...
  • Into building fairy houses and drawing princesses in elaborate gowns with great details
  • questioning the magical world...are werewolves real??
  • saying things like, "Mom, won't it be fun to decorate my apartment when I'm a grownup," and planning all the animals you'll have (since we can't have any with me....)
  • Big momma to the little boys
  • Crazy about CD lunches.  I'm growing tired of our comparisons.  Who ever knew I'd be competing with "school lunch??"
  • Little me.  Loving connections with people, excited about sharing our lives with others, eager to help, stubborn, impatient, hot-headed...the very best and worst connect us.
  • favorite: Mr. Wiggles, your front tooth that's been hanging on for 3 months now, is turning blue!  We call it your Tiny Tusk, and you push it out past your lips like a walrus.
  • Lease favorite: notes about your distractibility at school.  I don't know whether to lecture you, or agree that the worksheet you spaced out on was boring.
Emmy at 35~
  • Every day working towards my happiness and potential.
  • Favorite: watching my hard work come together right now is validating.
  • Least favorite: Anxiety...need to let go of worry.  SO unproductive.
Kevin at 51 (!)~
  • Making big strides to align work and happiness.
  • Favorite: Backyard family time
  • least favorite: Fear.  I wish you believed in you like I do(-:  Amazing things are coming our way, my love.

2 comments:

shokufeh said...

I totally relate to having a kid focused on cars (in general, and the movie) and the habit of disagreeing just to disagree. "No, that's not where you went to school when you were a kid!"
It looks like MrMan will start CD in the fall. (I need to talk to you!) One of the things I'm looking forward to is that I'll feel little guilt about serving things like sandwiches or cereal for dinner :)

chrissie said...

"I made the mistake of letting you drive on my lap from the driveway to the front of the house"

Go on, Britney! (snickering to self)

But seriously, I love the updates! I love your children, your family. And am so glad ya'll are a part of our lives.