Monday, February 25, 2008

It's strep

After Ana's fever spiked 103 today, we were off to the doctor who confirmed that she had strep throat.

I was a bit surprised, given that Ana's last experience with strep was more dramatic, and painful.

But at least this is treatable. We've got the antibiotics which taste "terrible" appararently and make her want to spit them out. She'll be back at school by Wednesday.

Elliot was back to normal by last night, and I had the doc swab my throat as a precaution.

Strep=no threat to pregos.

Yeah!

2 comments:

Cold Spaghetti said...

Did your throat feel scratchy when you did the culture?? I've never had strep and trying to figure out if it's worth trying to see a doctor... ugh!!!

When I dropped off Kate this morning, I was surprised that more kids weren't home sick. Were Ana and Will the only kids with strep??!!

Emmy said...

The swabbing was wierd but quick. I just had Ana's pediatrician stick it back there. I think if you have strep, you'll know all too soon.

Ana started having symptoms on Saturday, and we kept her home until Wednesday, so I was really hoping that no one else would get it from our end. I wonder if it was only our two?