Friday, February 25, 2011

A Shining Light

I found out this week that an amazing little person passed from this life.

He was born with a virus known as Congenital Cytomegalovirus (CMV).
He wore glasses.
He cheered on his favorite rugby team, THE SAINTS.
His name was Elliott.
He was 4 years old.

Even though he lived in Liverpool, I felt connected to this kid.  For obvious reasons.

I'm sorry I never got to meet the sweet little guy, but I feel like I loved him.

And you can see that his life was full of love.  And that love was inspiring.  I enjoyed meeting Elliot through the Christmas videos like this one, that Elliott's devoted dad would post each year. 

He was a shining light, and now Elliott is an angel, watching over his family and our special children who fight so hard to do what we take for granted.  God bless you, Chris.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you.