Sunday, October 14, 2007

Random Notes

I'm assuming that the Saints are going to win this game against the Seahawks, and that I can take a minute to post this. In any case, if they are going to lose the 17 point lead, maybe it's better if I don't watch.

Blogging seems harder and harder to get to. Playing catch up...
  • Elliot is now in the twos room at school; we've bought him a toddler bed (that he has yet to sleep in) which raises the issue of what do I do with the crib that both my babies slept in? Am I closing up shoppe, so to speak? Lots of thinking that goes with this new furniture purchase. I'm panicking about the change in his status with the state re: therapy. Where might he go to school,etc. I've heard good things about Maddas...highly integrative environment. About him: over his ear infection from hell, drooling a lot less!, his powers of observation are incredibly sharp, he's talking up a storm, and he's having tantrums and getting in trouble. We're tickled pink. His favorite words of the season are pumpkin and Ooooh (ala ghost noise).
  • Ana is in a happy place, which feels so good. Favorite pasttime: going into great detail about how much she loves us (to the edge of the universe, where there is nothing. Just concrete). She's very compassionate and kind these days using her words and not hurting others, loves the Incredibles (she takes turns being Violet and Elasti-girl), climbed about 10 feet on a rock wall at the Kids Fest today where the attendant asked me if she'd done that before. If she's picking superheroes, she really should be Spiderman. S he's a total monkey. Ana's night-time fright is still around, and I think she's still biting her nails. She misses her best friend Gabby, who's gone on to a pre-K program. There aren't enough girls for her at school, and the boys are pretty rough. She can hang, don't get me wrong. But when there are other choices, she's the mama making the soup with mulch and leaves, not the bad guy in some hostile takeover scenario with killing and guns and lots of stuff that I still don't know how to respond to. Her Golden Birthday is coming (4 on the 4th of December). This is so hard to believe. My baby.
  • Kevin is now working at Bacco. He's starting with a new schedule this coming week, and will be home for dinner 4 nights a week! YAY. This is big news in our family. Usually he's home just 2 nights a week. I'm really looking forward to some normalcy, and establishing some family traditions that are important to us all. Kevin is working hard to finish renovating our bathroom. It's been quite an undertaking. A mystery leak proved too much for the man (too much for the man. He couldn't take it). I think we're on track to have it finished some time in the near future. He's battling some kind of cold, and still working his way back from the kids' one-two sickness punch.
  • Me. I'm OK. The kids' illnesses have been rough on me, and work has been hard. It seems that a real opportunity we had as an org has slipped through our fingers. Tough news for us, and for me personally, as it meant some positive changes for our family, income, security, etc. I really need to carve out some time to exercise. That should help me get my positivity and motivation back. The weather is beautiful. I need to get in it.
  • Los Pininos. The season of celebration is upon us. My birthday, Halloween, My mom's 65th!, Kevin and my 5th wedding anniversary, Thanksgiving, and Ana's Birthday...all between now and Christmas. Busy fun times ahead.

Off to celebrate the Saints win! with my hubby. He's home now.

1 comment:

shokufeh said...

So many great things going on with you, especially more family time, all together. That's wonderful!
When's your birthday? I hope it's a great day for you.